“Jane Gottlieb is a colorist.
This descriptive term is used sparingly since few artists have been blessed with the ability to utilize color as the principle component of an art work.
- Gottlieb’s vibrant art challenges both the mind and the
- eye. Channeled through a remarkable imagination
- and disciplined eye, she delivers to us a visual universe
- of unparalleled wonders.
These are classically beautiful works in theme and composition, but move well beyond tradition in interpretation and critical placement of exuberant color.
- This art is not about superficial razzle-dazzle.
- Instead, Jane Gottlieb’s works are about color’s understanding of natural form.
- If the role of art is to cause us to better understand ourselves and the environment in which we reside,
- then Jane Gottlieb’s artworks are a resounding success.”
Dr. Louis Zona, Director, Butler Institute of American Art